Mac: Some additional thoughts on living with a new Macbook.
1. I have a bash shell by default. And I don't have to install cygwin (which bluescreened my xp.) I can script from my regular desktop!!!
2. I miss control+c and control+v, in apple land they use the command+c and command+v to do the same functions. Fortunately you can map the control key to the command key and viola everything is back.
3. I miss my home key, end key and my del key.
4. The keyboard on the mac feels better.
5. The vpn setup is easy and done through the airport icon at the top of the screen.
6. I have a sticky note with todos on my desktop.
7. I installed a few applications; MacPorts, Skype, VMWare Fusion, Office 08, Firefox (Foxmarks sync'ed my bookmarks), VLC, Maclock.
My Lenovo T61 didn't come with recovery discs, the software is on the HDD. I have a backup so I could pull i386 and burn a cd but it's not bootable from within VMWare. So I'm without Windows. I'm pretty ok with that right now as I can still get a lot of work done. I'm probably going to pull up Ubuntu image in VMWare for now.
With Macports I can get a lot more tools.
All the apps, even Firefox don't seem to take up so much RAM. I have 4GB but I don't see firefox taking over 1GB like it usually does, I'll need to test this a lot more.
The Mighty Mouse kicks ass. I would have had a much harder time adjusting were it not for the right click ability of the might mouse.